Search This Blog

1.15.2015

knitting sweaters for spirit animals

credit unknown, anyone?

It is a beautiful day today. The reorganization during the two weeks of this New Year has broken open something that I am not prepared for, nor prepared to ignore. There has been a different kind of activation, and it comes with a very different quality of perception. One that I am drawn to explore like a magnet to my twin flame. I am moving my writing off of Facebook and back onto my blog. For a while I will be archiving last year's words. This is the same blog I've had for nearly seven years. I've thought about starting fresh but part of this path requires honoring that person I once was, so I can honor the one I will be. My last post was one year ago tomorrow, so it seems like a good day to begin again. I have a challenging time with how isolated I can be, and would prefer the balance to reverse, so that I can be with tribe most of the time and then run off to the woods as needed. As of now, the tribe hasn't manifested from the virtual world, but it will. I deeply invite it to. I deeply invite my sisters, brothers, children, grandparents, lovers, teachers, and fellow creatures to run with me, and to invite me to run with you. So this is one way that I honor what I wish for. 

"When we are connected to the instinctual self, to the SOUL of the feminine which is natural and wild, then instead of looking over whatever happens to be on display, we say to ourselves, "What am I hungry for?" Without looking at anything outwardly, we venture inward and ask, "What do I long for? What do I wish for now?"...And the answer usually arrives rapidly: "Oh, I think I want...you know what would be really good, is some this or that...ah, yes, that's what I really want."

"Is that on the smorgasboard? Maybe yes and maybe no. In most cases, probably not. We will have to quest for it a little bit - sometimes for considerable time. But in the end we shall find it, and be glad we took soundings about our greatest longings."

~Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Let's find out what to do with all this love.

No comments: