Search This Blog

10.28.2010

AW2010




hand woven harris tweed, lined in organic cotton





woven organic cotton, raw wool, and bocote wood buttons





organic cotton, wool, linen, moss agate

all work by margaret marks studio, 2010

time to show some of my work. i get all freaky about that. usually i just wear it and call it a day. so breaking that habit is top of the list! i don't do much construction, i prefer curation, but sometimes i have to try and get at the thing i see in my head. it's really pretty funny to sit in a malestrom of thread and needles and fabric bolts draped everywhere with steam coming out my ears because between my construction skills and what i see in my mind is a long road of 'huh?' it is so much easier to deal with other people's designs, or to work on a landscape design issue. maybe that's why i really just want to ride my bicycle around town all day, eating. because then it's just constant inspiration and the technical production can be a great fantasy. so nice but won't pay the bills! so if sharing is caring, i love you.

No comments: